Followers

Thursday 11 February 2016

Angela's Steampunk Tutorial

It's DT member Angela here and I have a Tutorial on how to make this Greyboard Steampunk style frame.

 
 This is how I made it.
Started with a Steampunk cog frame set from That Craft Place which is available here.
It comes like this:
 

First I cut several extra cogs using Tim Holtz dies and a large one for the centre.
 
Once everything was prepared I started to build up the design by applying Embossing Paste and Glass Bead Texture Gel through a stencil onto the back section.
This stencil is the one I used and it is available from That Craft Place.
 
 
Next I glued down the cogs and covered everything with Gesso, when that was dry, started adding the colour.
 Before applying the top frame section I added treasure Gold gilding wax which makes the colour and detail really pop.
 
 
 
 
Gradually I attached more cogs to the top and added crackle glaze, building up the design.
 
 
I also included some metal embellishments to complete the look.
 
 
 
 
I do hope you enjoyed watching me make this.
If you can, please leave me a comment as I would love to hear what you think.
 
 Don't forget our latest challenge is HERE

Links you need to know 

4 comments:

  1. Great to see how this all came together Angela. I adore the shades of blue highlighted with the gilding wax and the clock face is the perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim's dies are on my wish list. Love what you've done combining the two sets. Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly for your lovely comment. Happy crafting, Angela x

      Delete

01 09 10